Triple P utilizes the evidence–based service Triple P –Level 4 to provide an in-home parent education curriculum along with guidance and support, so that parents will become resourceful and will be able to create a positive and safe home learning environment for children to develop emotional, behavioral and cognitive strengths. In addition to Triple P, this service provides short term case management supports to help parents fully utilize the parenting services
The people we serve:
Triple P serves parents or caretakers who desire to improve their parenting skills. Referrals come from the Department of Children and Families, Community Partner Agencies (CPA), other community agencies and individuals.
The program covers families in both the Hartford and New Britain DCF area.
How the program works:
Triple P focuses on family strengths.
Meetings are held in the families’ homes for 90 minutes to 2 hours once a week for 16 weeks.
The Positive Parenting Educators will maintain flexible schedules inclusive of evening hours as needed.
Service delivery is family-focused and culturally competent.
The curriculum consists of teaching parents/caretakers 5 positive parenting principles:
- Creating a safe and interesting environment for children (from birth on);
- Creating a positive learning environment;
- Using assertive (rather than coercive) discipline;
- Taking care of yourself as a parent; and
- Having realistic expectations (esp. developmentally).
For more information, contact:
Kathy Service, LMSW, Family Service Coordinator
(860) 515-2351 email@example.com
Dee Chalwell, Positive Parenting Supervisor
(860) 515-2362 firstname.lastname@example.org